The original route of the Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise
With its 315 km length and its 7947m of positive altitude difference, the original course of the Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise starts with the long descent of the Belleville valley. The riders will then rush up the mythical Col de la Madeleine before switching to the Maurienne valley via the Col du Chaussy. They will then plunge towards another Savoyard town, St Jean-de-Maurienne.
This route offers a little respite with a flat section until Modane before heading towards Aussois and the Haute-Maurienne.
The climb then continues to one of the highest road passes in Europe: the Iseran pass which culminates at 2770m. From the pass, the cyclists will start the descent to the Tarentaise valley and then cross the resort of Val d’Isère. They will then ride along the magnificent Lac du Chevril in Tignes and cross Bourg-Saint-Maurice and Macôt-la Plagne.
The climb to Longefoy and Notre-Dame du Pré will follow, and the crossing of Moûtiers, capital of the Tarentaise region. The Tour ends with the terrible climb to the highest mountain in Europe, Val Thorens.
The entire route must be completed within a maximum of 32 hours.
Date: Saturday 8 July 2023
Start: 5h30 | Val Thorens
Finish: Val Thorens
Km and elevation gain: 315Km 8000m D+.
Time limits: arrival possible until 23h00 (18 km/h)
Time barriers: Bessans: 4pm / Col de l’Iseran: 5.30pm / Pied montée des Belleville: 8pm
Refreshments: Col du Chaussy summit, Bessans, Pied de la montée des Belleville, Saint Martin-de-Belleville8
The registration includes :
- Welcome pack with gifts from partners.
- Authentic Nutrition energy products.
- Individual chip timing for the entire course.
- Classification by category with prize-giving.
- Signposting of the course.
- Broom wagon.
- Security during the race for motorbikes, cars and 80 volunteers.
- Medical assistance.
- Refreshments on the course.
- Medal and diploma for the finishers.
- Meal at the finish (provided by a caterer with local products and specialities).
- 1 raffle ticket.
- Car park near the start/finish